Regardless of which Signup Bonus you choose, be sure that it suits you. We only recommend casinos that have a good standing with the industry, but please remember to check with the casino’s terms and conditions before playing for real money.
Online Casino Blacklists
rogue casinos & casino warningsVisit our Player Complaints page, for actual player testimonies on blacklisted casinos.
By now there are well over a thousand casinos online. Most of them conduct their business ethically. Some end up with a bad reputation over just a few misunderstandings and others are plain fraudulent. The best way to avoid fraudulent casinos is to stick with the ones we list throughout our Casinomadness website. Those casinos and poker rooms have been carefully chosen by reputation and reports from other players. It's much easier to pick out the good ones than to prove the "bad" ones are actually crooked. So, if you want to do yourself a favour and save time choose from the many honest and reputable gambling places listed here on Casinomadness.
The following blacklisted casinos have been declared rogued or unfair by other online gaming authority sources too. Unfortunately, there is not yet a concrete place where all the information that got these casinos blacklisted comes together. However, online Casino blacklists can still proof to be a valuable tool for both new and seasoned players when it comes to searching for a casino to play. Please note that the information of all of the following blacklisted casinos are hearsay accounts found on the internet. They are not based on an official, court-compiled list, but merely rest upon complaints by vocal players from various gambling related websites.
Reliable blacklists should ban casinos for partaking in any of the following acts
In order for any particular casino blacklist to have merit, it should state why a gambling site was blacklisted in the first place. Here are some of those possible scenarios:
- Unfair Gaming Software: Gaming software has been tampered with and is programmed to generate unfair odds. Monthly audits by recognized third parties will keep this from happening. Only when a statistical expert has tested the casino's software and verifies the software to be unfair, should the casino be blacklisted.
- Withholding Players Winnings: When an online casino refuses payment without beeing able to justify their action, this is reason for an immediate blacklisting. Intentionally delayed payments and non-payment of winnings and/or original deposits for unjustly reasons is not acceptable.
- Non-payment of affiliate royalties: Online casinos usually pay their affiliates according to how many players they deliver or how much those players lose. It's not unusual for untrustworthy casinos to short-pay their affiliates, either by altering the commission structur retroactively in their own favor, or simply by ceasing payment altogether for no apparent reason. Why should a casino that can not pay their advertising debts be trusted to pay winning players?
- Gaming Software with fake seal of approval: Some casino sites have forged and illegally copied gaming fairness approval seals, when in reality they were never tested for any of them.
- Hiding behind Terms & Conditions: In regards to bonus conditions, oftentimes there are many disputes. The majority of gaming mediators will agree that the act of seizing all of a players funds due to bonus abuse is not justified. However, if an casino has doubts about a players integrity it's permissible to close his/her account entirely, and to deny future bonus privileges. But there are online casinos known for their untruthfully players accusation of bonus abuse resulting in seizing all funds without proof. Terms and conditions are all just and well. They are indespensable for any business as they not only serve to protect it from getting sued, but also their intellectual and property rights. However, a casino that repeatedly makes use of its T&C's to cheat players out of their winnings or hinder them from accessing their accounts deserves to be blacklisted on the grounds of real bad customer service.
- Players privacy abuse: There have been rare cases in which casinos have released a player's email address to shady third party businesses. Regardless of whether the casino operators are running these sites or are being paid off to release confidential information, this kind of behaviour is unethical and invalidates the casinos credibility.
- Casino does not address charges against them: If a casino does not address complaints or accusations whatsoever, the casino should be blacklisted. If the casino is respectable and concerned about its reputation they surely would try to solve the issue. If not, they either need to learn a few things about how important customer service is or, they are hiding something and feel that by not addressing the issue it will go away.
A legitimate blacklist should be fair in presenting both sides of the case. Let's say there was a misunderstanding between player and casino, and the casino later diplomatically resolved the dispute. If this is an isolated case then the casinio should be given the benefit of doubt, and removed from the blacklist. On the other hand, if the same casino operators had been involved in similar disputes on many occasions, they are presumably trying to see how far they can go with making the cases against them seem like random misunderstandings. In this competitive industry they won't last long anyways. They dig their own economic grave. Eventually, repeated accusations of similar nature from several players made against the same casino operator will show on gambling forum posts and reveal them for what they really are.