Casino Gambling Strategies, advice & information
A betting system or gambling strategy is a methodic approach to gambling, with a predefined set of actions for bet sizing and timing. Betting strategies are common in any activity in which playing for money is involved. Players have little influence on events with their power limited to sizing and timing their wagers. No matter whether the employed betting strategy is based on logical arguments (probability, statistics etc.) or illusionary patterns, it is at some level convincing to the particular player that it will increase his/her chance of success.
Online Casino games are growing rapidly in popularity all around the world. Spin the wheel, roll the dice or flip the cards - whatever your favorite game is you will be able to find it on the internet. But make sure you know what you are doing. With a solid playing and betting strategy you will make your money last longer and the casino visit more enjoyable.
General advice before you gamble
- Learn about the game. Read related materials of the game such as basic rules and tips. As the old cliche goes, knowledge is power.
- Set a minimum bet in every game. After a win, bet only half of the pot you put in the previous round. When you lose, go back to your least bet. This is often refered to as progressive betting as opposed to straight betting.
- Always check the odds. Choose a betting game that has 3 percent or less casino advantage. Popular games are poker, black jack and craps.
- Watch the trend. Be attentive to your winning and losing trend. Get the probability and ratio of your winnings and losing. If you think that you are on the brink of losing, then don't bet.
- Don't be overly greedy! Being greedy might give you a couple of dollars more, in the long run though it might cause you to lose them all.
- Be optimistic, but never expect to win all the time. You lose some, you win some. Keep in mind that winning doesn't mean you have to win a bet every time. What matters most are your total net profit earnings.
What Makes Gamblers Lose & What To Avoid When Gambling
A few things to bear in mind in order to maximise your chances of winning.
The chances of a person drawing a royal flush is the same regardless of who he is. But why do some people lose so much whereas other people seem more lucky. You know the rules and you know the odds, why is it you arer still losing? Check out this list, it won't guarantee winning, but might help you along the way.
- Decide on how much you are willing to lose and to win respectively. People lose a lot of money through gambling due to lack of planning. They gamble way over their head because they don't know when to call it quits.
- Don't borrow any money to finance gambling. If you can't afford to lose money, don't play in the first place. The added pressure of playing with someone else's money is too much. Losing your own money is difficult enough, so if you don't have some, don't play.
- Set yourself a time limit. You can't play forever and you shouldn't, especially if you're playing in a casino. The games favor the house in all cases. The chances of you losing increase the longer you play.
- Don't play continuously without a break. The excitement and the adrenalin can probably get you going on end, but when fatigue sets in, you start making bad decisions and mistakes. So, rest up and relax. Then go back in.
- Don't gamble when you're stressed or upset! Not being in the right frame of mind can cost you big on the table. The most obvious thing that you would be lacking is focus when your mind is preoccupied with other things. Those things lead to poor judgment and crucial mistakes. The most simple games can become more difficult and confusing. The poor emotional state you are in means playing emotionally instead of smartly.
In any endeavour, if you want to be in control of the game it is essential to understand it's rules in order to play it better and stay on the winning edge. Keeping simple advice in mind and mastering several gaming strategies before jumping into any gambling activity will help you to put the odds of beating the casino's edge in your favour.
While it's true that the following passages are aimed to develop your winning potential, you must not forget that gambling is not all about winning. We gamble for fun and recreation while keeping a system, which helps us defeat the percentage of losing.