Robert's Poker Rules
Management will attempt to maintain a pleasant environment for all our customers and employees, but is not responsible for the conduct of any player. Casinos have established a code of conduct, and may deny the use of their cardroom to violators. The following are not permitted:
- Collusion with another player or any other form of cheating.
- Verbally or physically threatening any patron or employee.
- Using profanity or obscene language.
- Creating a disturbance by arguing, shouting, or making excessive noise.
- Throwing, tearing, bending, or crumpling cards.
- Destroying or defacing property.
- Using an illegal substance.
- Carrying a weapon.
The following actions are improper, and grounds for warning, suspending, or barring a violator:
- Deliberately acting out of turn.
- Deliberately splashing chips into the pot.
- Agreeing to check a hand out when a third player is all-in.
- Softplaying by refusing to bet against a certain opponent whenever heads-up.
- Reading a hand for another player at the showdown before it has been placed faceup on the table.
- Telling anyone to turn a hand faceup at the showdown.
- Revealing the contents of a live hand in a multihanded pot before the betting is complete.
- Revealing the contents of a folded hand before the betting is complete. Do not divulge the contents of a hand during a deal even to someone not in the pot, so you do not leave any possibility of the information being transmitted to an active player.
- Needlessly stalling the action of a game.
- Deliberately discarding hands away from the muck. Cards should be released in a low line of flight, at a moderate rate of speed (not at the dealer's hands or chip-rack).
- Stacking chips in a manner that interferes with dealing or viewing cards.
- Making statements or taking action that could unfairly influence the course of play, whether or not the offender is involved in the pot.
- Using a cell phone at the table.